Digital Financing Initiative is a pilot project undertaken by SME Corp. Malaysia with the aim to provide agile access to financing for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) via a digital platform. Taking into consideration of the financial constraint faced by SMEs due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SME Corp. Malaysia is introducing the Digital Financing Initiative (DFI) to address the challenges faced by SMEs during this challenging period.
In this programme, SME Corp. Malaysia is collaborating with microLEAP to:
• provide innovative and quick short-term financing solution for SMEs through the digital platform;
• simplified documentation process of the applicants; and
• shariah compliant product with 24/7 access for online financing application.
SMEs can apply for short-term financing from a minimum of RM50,000 up to RM500,000 at a fixed financing rate of 2% per annum up to 36 months tenure for:
1. Working capital for operating expenditure purpose (e.g. purchase of inventory / raw material etc.)
2. Financing for business improvement purpose (entitled for grant conversion up to 50% from the eligible expenditure, subject to SME Corp. Malaysia’s approval) for:
i. Purchase of machinery & equipment
ii. System, eCommerce, e-Payment and ICT applications
iii. Packaging and Product Packaging
iv. Advertising and Promotion
v. Certification & Quality Management System
• Up to 50% matching grant conversion, maximum of RM250,000.
• The application processing fee is fixed at 5% of the financing amount to a maximum of RM5,000 per application to be borne by the applicant.
• The discounted credit-checking fee is fixed at RM50 per application to be borne by the applicant.
• SME Status Certified
• Registered under Companies Commission Malaysia (SSM)
• The company is at least 60% owned by Malaysian
• The company have been in operations for at least 6 months
• Committed to undergo SCORE/ M-CORE assessment (compulsory for grant conversion cases)